Re: How to make aot native-compilation and pdmp creation reproduceable

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: How to make aot native-compilation and pdmp creation reproduceable
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2023 13:26:03 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Offset 17 is the stat of the dump fingerprint (the first 16 bytes are a
>> magic number).
>>
>> struct dump_header
>> {
>>   /* File type magic.  */
>>   char magic[sizeof (dump_magic)];
>>
>>   /* Associated Emacs binary.  */
>>   unsigned char fingerprint[sizeof fingerprint];
>
> The fingerprint is supposed to remain unchanged if you rebuild the
> same code base.

Right, that's the problem -- apparently it isn't unchanged in this case
as the diff of the executables' objdump shows.

My hypothesis is that x-win.eln changes between builds (print-circle
etc.) => make-fingerprint computes a different ingerprint and so on.

But that's a hypothesis, I can't check that on my system.