Emacs Lisp Linter fail to identify function defined in a "use-package" b

From: Kiong-Gē Liāu
Subject: Emacs Lisp Linter fail to identify function defined in a "use-package" block
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 09:51:27 -0500

Hi,

  I found that the built-in Emacs lisp linter seems not able to
identify functions defined within a (even the same) use-package :config
block as the attached screenshot indicates: the "elisp-face-temp"
function is defined right above the "elisp-face" function, however, the
linter says that the "`elisp-face-temp' is not known to be defined".
Are there some further configurations required in order to make the
linter identifies functions defined in nested structure or we need to
change the linter's implementation code to make  the linter to identify
functions those are not defined at top-level (i.e., defun block within
a use-package or with-eval-after-loan block)

Thanks,
Kiong-Gē.