Re: How to autoload easy-menu?

From: Joseph Turner
Subject: Re: How to autoload easy-menu?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 21:35:55 -0700

Eshel Yaron <me@eshelyaron.com> writes:

> I've just installed `hyperdrive` and restarted Emacs.  Without changing
> anything in my init file, I now see the "Hyperdrive" menu under "Tools"
> in the menu bar.  Personally, I find that a little too intrusive, since
> I don't expect merely installing a package to change Emacs without an
> explicit toggle.  So my suggestion would be to add a global minor mode,
> maybe called `hyperdrive-menu-mode`, that adds the "Hyperdrive" menu
> under "Tools".  Then you can autoload `hyperdrive-menu-mode`, so users
> just need to do call this mode in their init file if they so desire.

Thank you for testing out hyperdrive.el!!!  Now, the "Tools > Hyperdrive"
menu is added only after the user calls `hyperdrive-menu-bar-mode':

https://git.sr.ht/~ushin/hyperdrive.el/commit/0869edbd

We may consider adding a defcustom to make `hyperdrive-menu-bar-mode'
add "Hyperdrive" menu to the global map instead of a submenu. WDYT?

Thank you!!

Joseph