Re: Non-ASCII characters in Info files produced by Texinfo 7.1

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Non-ASCII characters in Info files produced by Texinfo 7.1
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 07:28:38 +0200

> Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 4:31 PM
> From: tomas@tuxteam.de
> To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Non-ASCII characters in Info files produced by Texinfo 7.1
>
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 08:49:53PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> > Hello, Eli.
>
> [...]
>
> > I have always disliked the replacement of ASCII characters by non-ASCII
> > Unicode punctuation in working documents [...]
>
> Not a devel here, by a long stretch, so count me as anecdotal, but I'm
> with Alan here.

One should learn a language and get an article published (e.g. in Japan).
It is evident that only American Isolationists dislike anything unresembling
the modern english alphabet.  Unicodes are your friends.  The only problem
people have is that their keyboard prints a different character when hitting
the punctuation marks.

A much more serious problem is Texinfo continuing to rely upon Plain Tex only.