Re: Lisp files that load cl-lib in problematical ways

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Lisp files that load cl-lib in problematical ways
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 19:54:11 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> E.g., my production session loads no less than 214 packages
> right when it starts. Why would we do that when everything
> works without it? What kind of problem are we trying to
> solve here? I see no problem.

We are trying to understand why guys grep the source and
traces this huge software component down to individual
instances of its use, and like, "hey, can we remove that?".

Gonna do that to those other 213 packages as well?

So let me ask, what is the special attention to cl-lib? To me
it looks like - not saying it is like that - ideology, if you
don't like CL maybe you see cl-lib like some infiltration from
CL? And for this reason don't like it? Well, if so, sorry to
say guys, but you lost the battle then! We are not getting rid
of this infiltration.

Might and Glory to Elisp(cl)!

:P

--