Re: Lisp files that load cl-lib in problematical ways

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Lisp files that load cl-lib in problematical ways
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 19:43:30 +0000

Andrea Corallo <acorallo@gnu.org> writes:

>> I think it should be rather easy tho, I'll try to investigate a bit.
>
> Okay with f7d88f4a047 on master I'm now able to re-dump a native
> compiled Emacs!  I followed essentially what Ihor attemped so I loaded
> cl-lib before re-dumping as well.

I confirm.
I was able to dump all the extra built-in libraries Emacs loads, except
Org mode without errors on the latest master.
Now, experiencing various funny glitches :)

But even pre-loading extra built-in libraries reduced startup time
noticeably:

;; With dumper: "7.715609 seconds"
;; Without dumper: "9.866784 seconds"

--