Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 22:09:03 -0400

  > Is it possible that certain abstractions or functions are filling a gap
  > in Emacs Lisp itself?

Yes, it could well be true for some of them.

                           In the case of `cl-pushnew', I happen to think
  > that the answer is yes.

Do people really want `cl-pushnew', with its keyword arguments?
Or would a simple `pushnew' be even more pleasing?

To define `pushnew' in Emacs Lisp, and document it in the Emacs Lisp
Reference Manual, would be much cleaner than spreading the use of
cl-lib to more files.