Re: Inline completion preview

From: Alexander Adolf
Subject: Re: Inline completion preview
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 18:31:36 +0100

Eshel Yaron <me@eshelyaron.com> writes:

> [...]
> I find this company/corfo comparison quite compelling, but I'd like to
> steer the discussion back to the topic at hand: adding inline completion
> *preview* to Emacs.  Could you check out my proposed implementation[0]
> and weigh in on adding it to core, possibly as part of completion.el?
> [...]

Thanks for the prod, Eshel. Good getting things back on track.

It seems to me that corfu's `corfu-preview-current` option does just
that when set to `insert`. I tried it, and to me at least it seemed to
do what you describe.

In that light, I'd mostly concur with what Eli commented last Thursday:
> > [...]
> > You list those, but don't say why you think we should have yet another
> > such facility, and in core on top of that. If we want something like
> > that in core, I'd rather include Company, not invent something new (and
> > partial).
> >
> > Am I missing something?
> > [...]

With the difference that I would advocate for corfu being included.

Cheers,

  --alexander