Re: Add new sqlite extensions to allowlist

From: Andrew Hyatt
Subject: Re: Add new sqlite extensions to allowlist
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2023 09:31:17 -0500

On 6 November 2023 22:13, Neo Dim <sskostyaev@gmail.com> wrote: Hi. I would like to use semantic search in one (or maybe couple) of my new packages for emacs. In latest emacs there is sqlite support, which is great. I would like to use it with https://github.com/asg017/sqlite-vss extension. I checked it out and see that vector0 and vss0 not in allowlist. Can we add this extensions to allowlist? And can we use full path to extension when call `sqlite-load-extension`? I don’t think that this extensions will be system-wide.

Agreed! I'd also like to use those extensions. In my ekg package (https://github.com/ahyatt/ekg), I basically am doing vector similarity computations in elisp, from data in a sqlite db, and doing everything in elisp undoubtedly slower and more expensive. Having a fast way to do this would be very nice. Best regards,
   Sergey Kostyaev