Re: Emacs 29.3 released

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Emacs 29.3 released
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 17:46:26 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Perhaps we need also to mention Org, but this I don't now for sure.
>
> Ihor will tell, but I believe the Org version on the release branch is
> already kept in a ready state.

Yup. On Emacs (bugfix) release branch, we are careful to sync only the
latest stable (bugfix) Org version that does not contain any risky
changes.

Occasionally, we may have risky changes if they are themselves critical
(like fixing complete breakage). So, having a notification that new
Emacs release is imminent might still be of use, so that we can sync the
critical changes in the rare situations when there is both urgent Emacs
release, urgent Org mode release, and the urgent Org mode release is not
yet in sync (e.g. if Kyle is busy with something and delayed sync).

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,