emacs-erc

Re: bug#51841: 27.2; erc-insert-marker has no value

From: Rostislav Svoboda
Subject: Re: bug#51841: 27.2; erc-insert-marker has no value
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 00:29:57 +0100

Hi J.P.

> However, you're welcome to share whatever it was that drove you to try that
> in the first place, if you think there's more to consider here.

I started erc with:
    erc-fill-function 'erc-fill-static
    erc-fill-static-center 20
and realized that empty space of 20 chars is too much. So I ran `(setq
erc-fill-static-center 15)` only to see no change. And then I thought
let's try `M-x erc-mode` to get the changes activated...

BTW I tried to reproduce the problem and I realized the bug gets
triggered only if I run the `M-x erc-mode` in the "main" erc buffer.
By that I mean the one with:
    *** Welcome to the Libera.Chat Internet Relay Chat Network bost
    *** Your host is silver.libera.chat[172.106.11.86/6667], running
version solanum-1.0-dev

The bug doesn't get triggered when running the `M-x erc-mode` in a
channel-buffer. (That doesn't activate the change either, but that's
another story, though :)

Thanks

Bost