emacs-erc

testing hook erc-nickserv-identified-hook

From: GH
Subject: testing hook erc-nickserv-identified-hook
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 00:29:41 +0200

`erc-nickserv-identified-hook' defined as "Run this hook when NickServ
acknowledged successful identification."

I want test it

#+begin_src elisp

  (defun erc-after-ident (network nick)
    (message "Network: %s" network)
    (message "Nick: %s" nick))

  (add-hook 'erc-nickserv-identified-hook 'erc-after-ident)

#+end_src

I join to my favourite irc network.

I get the NickServ notice:

-NickServ- This nickname is registered. Please choose a different nickname, or
           identify via /msg NickServ IDENTIFY my_nick <password>
-NickServ- You are now identified for my_nick.

yay, ive identified successfully

But no messages about in *Messages*

test yourself, some is wrong