emacs-humanities

[emacs-humanities] Why Emacs-humanities? - Thanks for opening the list!

From: Christian Tietze
Subject: [emacs-humanities] Why Emacs-humanities? - Thanks for opening the list!
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 10:15:49 +0100

Thanks for taking the time to set up this platform!

I'm developing macOS apps by trade, but there's only so much you can program at
once :) Onboarding less tech-savvy folks onto Emacs as an alternative for
staples in the app market for writers is horrible. I'd like to help with that
over the course of the next years.

I'm assembling information about common tasks and packages to make writing
easier, and took note about NANO Emacs[1]'s approach to make the environment
more appealing, and create an interactive org-mode based dashboard, etc. My
personal goal would be to assemble configurations as a "Starter Pack" that
makes sense for writer friends and academics, allowing them to peel away the
layers of configuration extras that deviate from Emacs defaults eventually.

[1]: https://github.com/rougier/nano-emacs

Well, here's to 2021, and learning and writing in Emacs :)

Cheers,
Christian

---
Sent with <3 from Bielefeld, Germany