emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] How do you keep engaged with your writings?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] How do you keep engaged with your writings?
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 20:36:05 +0300

* Andrea <andrea-dev@hotmail.com> [2021-01-30 12:12]:
> Indeed, totally agree that is interesting and fun! Also very cool to
> read how others handle their life complexity via notes.

As I am using the PostgreSQL for notes and full text search system and
have no problems finding anything in fastest time.

Mastering PostgreSQL Tools: Full-Text Search and Phrase Search - Compose
Articles
https://compose.com/articles/mastering-postgresql-tools-full-text-search-and-phrase-search/

It is possible to use PostgreSQL to index files, record tokens, then
remove the files from database on each single index, and use the
tokens recorded to find anything in files very fast.

Though I am using it mostly for notes in the database itself with the
module emacs-libpq:

emacs-libpq @ Github
https://github.com/anse1/emacs-libpq

It will come soon to ELPA, authors are working on it. Then it will
allow a series of collaborative database backed tools.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/