emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Why Emacs-humanities?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Why Emacs-humanities?
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 22:03:45 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> [2020-12-22 00:34]:
> Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:
>
> > (I've been planning to look into org-roam and other Zettelkasten systems
> > but haven't yet found the time or energy to dig very deep.  I did read
> > the book "How to take Smart Notes", so maybe one day soon...)
>
> I also recommend trying actual paper-based Zettelkasten. It feels
> completely different from software solutions. I used the following link
> as inspiration:
> https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/NfdHG6oHBJ8Qxc26s/the-zettelkasten-method-1

I read this message from you from December 2020. And I have read the
website page as well. Not that I am using the Zettelkasten method by
its principles, but Hyperscope Dynamic Knowledge Repository is similar
to it. As I speak German, when I just hear the word it becomes quite
clear to me and I get the concept straight, including the hyperlinks
or references to other notes.

The Analogy of a Zettel
=======================
Unique Identifier
-----------------
Body / Content
-----------------
Footer / References

The Dynamic Knowledge Repository being developed is backed by the
database, each entry has its ID which is unique. It can be
theoretically changed, but users are advised not to do so. User need
not think of the number as it gets always assigned unique number
without thinking.

Hyperscope Object
=================
1234
sub-identifiers are attributes, parent nodes, etc.
Body / Content
References are related people, people assigned, groups, organizations,
other objects, etc.

In that sense my system is similar to Zettelkasten.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/