emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Why Emacs-humanities?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Why Emacs-humanities?
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 16:33:25 +0300

* Joe Corneli <joseph.corneli@hyperreal.enterprises> [2021-07-07 14:01]:
> Jean, hi,
>
> I looked at your hyperscope.link page watched some of your usage videos,
> but I don’t find any installation instructions for Hyperscope.  It looks
> nice, and I’ve worked on some related things in the past: I’d like to
> give it a try!

Hyperscope is not a website, it can publish to any website, and it can
publish to multiple websites. It is part of RCD Notes, Hyperscope is
Dynamic Knowledge Repository, all together is Dynamic Knowledge
Repository.

About Dynamic Knowledge Repositories (DKR)
https://www.dougengelbart.org/content/view/190/163/

> Currently I’m using Org Roam a lot
> (https://gist.github.com/holtzermann17/1c5b333a905b312f21da66db246159a6#org-roam)

The speed I get by using my system is uncomparable to anything in Org,
so I better forget it.

> ... and I also am gearing up to get back to my own hypertext project
> (http://arxana.net/), possibly in interoperation with Org Roam.
> Hyperscope could fit into the mix.  Please advise!

That looks as scientifically or fundamentally sophisticated and well
thought system as after reading of more than 5 minutes I did not get
it. Screenshots are missing, video I cannot access from my place,
sorry. I find many good principles described there there but too much
theoretical, less practical. I always ask myself how can it help me?

What I am building are integrations, relations, routing and workflows,
it is mostly related to goal oriented information management, like
sales.

Examples of integrations, relations, and workflows follow.

Task assignments
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

1. Press a key or invoke M-x command
2. Assign task to the person or group, describe it;
3. Schedule, deadline if necessary;
4. Dispatch the task with the key, semi-automatically;
5. Communicate, receive report;
6. Finalize report and task; decide more on that;

Org mode does not have database. To have a group of people one has to
have people in the ordered list with ordered attributes like their
address, contacts, etc. It is not comparable to Org contacts. It is
comparable to free software CRM programs like SugarCRM or vTigerCRM,
and similar. Relations to various people, groups, companies,
businesses is there.

Your model with descriptive relations is good and I have implemented
similar as fundamental possibility for RCD Notes as Semantic Triplets:

Implementation of Semantic Triplets in PostgreSQL database
https://hyperscope.link/3/7/1/5/4/Implementation-of-Semantic-Triplets-in-PostgreSQL-database-37154.html

But I do not use it.

Object management examples:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

- Duplicate or copy task or any object with "c c";

- Find all actionable tasks;

- Find all scheduled   tasks, or agenda; it is definitely so much faster
  than the Org type agenda that tries to be so much more and being too
  complex;

- Find all pending tasks by assigned person. It becomes very easy to
  see which people are performing and which not, who has to do
  something.

- Remind people, add comment, remind people to do the task, give more
  instructions inside of the task, update person assigned;

- Send SMS by using Twilio, or locally connected mobile phone,
  generate calls, make notes after call;

- Sort all tasks anywhere you want or wish. Wherever is task stored it
  stays the same unchanged, one can put it in any category without
  problems, usually less key bindings than with Org mode, like "c p"
  (for change parent) and then typing few words to find heading (Set).

E-mail or note dispatch
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Any object may be dispatched by email, I will implement SMS, letter,
fax, by need. It is important to communicate. People are related to
notes and they need to get information.

Object type is for example Asciidoc or Asciidoctor, meaning processed
by Asciidoctor implementation for Asciidoc. It generates PDF. Good and
fine. I am working on integration:

1. Create object. No need to know "where" it is. It is found by full
   text search, by tags, categories, and relations to other
   objects. But "where is it" is not relevant. Program takes care of
   it. It is in database.

2. Write Asciidoc markup. Save.

3. Press <right> to generate PDF, preview is there. I don't know where
   is PDF stored. Program takes care of that. Press "s f" to show
   files if I wish, but I don't know exact file location. I don't need
   to remember it, program remembers for me.

4. Dispatch object by email. Plain text is attached, PDF is attached,
   HTML version is attached. I do not open mail reader. I just say "s
   m" for send e-Mail. If object is already related to some people,
   list of those people are offered, otherwuse 'C-u s m' would let me
   choose anybody. If I have sent object to person, that person
   becomes related to it.

E-mail workflow upside down
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

- Normal email workflow is open up mail reader, write recipients,
  subject, then write email body and send email.

- Too often I am in doing it in reverse, write some text, text has its
  title, then decide to dispatch the note, PDF, etc. to the person:
  choose person, send enter. No need to open email client as all
  things are already known: recipient's name is tied to email
  addresses, one may choose among them, the identity of sender is
  maybe tied to the group of person sorted, and if not has to be
  decided for future, there is no need to mail reader, I am using GNU
  Mailutils `mail' program programmatically. All files are attached.

- I will build more integrations, for example a Set or parent could be
  or should be possible to send with all related objects. Email and
  MIME is perfect for dispatching such objects, otherwise I can create
  packages.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns