emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Elegant way to export org to Markdown ?

From: Edgar Vincent
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Elegant way to export org to Markdown ?
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 14:02:36 +0000

Hello Jean-Christophe,

You can also have a look at Pandoc[1], which is a very powerful program
which converts documents to and from Markdown. It supports the org
format and can be used in Emacs with pandoc-mode[2], although I find it
easier to simply call Pandoc from the terminal.

I have generally had more success achieving what I wanted to do with
Pandoc than with org-mode's native exporter, although the latter is
absolutely fine.

Edgar Vincent

[1] https://pandoc.org
[2] https://github.com/joostkremers/pandoc-mode