emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] oref.el: quick reference/citation management in p

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] oref.el: quick reference/citation management in plaintext files
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 11:50:41 -0500

On 24 Oct 2022, Stefan Kangas wrote:
Karl Fogel <kfogel@red-bean.com> writes:

Hi, folks. The Emacs Humanities list seems like the right place
to initially announce this package.  We've been using it
internally at my company for a while and it's been very helpful.

  https://code.librehq.com/ots/ots-tools/-/blob/main/emacs-tools/oref.el

  "OREF: A system for marking and citing sources in plaintext
  documents."

Would it make sense to add it to GNU ELPA (or NonGNU ELPA, if copyright
is a major hurdle)?

Copyright wouldn't be any hurdle, but I think it's a bit early to add this to ELPA. Although the source has been nominally public for a long time, the package has only been used internally at our company, as we hadn't announced it anywhere before yesterday. I'd like to get any obvious bugs shaken out first -- such as the problem Colin Baxter found in the installation instructions. That's fixed now; the "Installation" block now says (as of commit 4d5a4f4be74ecc) to use this command:

 $ git clone https://code.librehq.com/ots/ots-tools.git

Best regards,
-Karl