emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Using Binder

From: Paul W. Rankin
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Using Binder
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 14:45:34 +1000

On 2022-12-25 13:23, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
Paul's message yesterday got me interested in Binder.

2. C-c : (binder-add-file)
   → triggers a prompt to add a file from the current directory
   → it would be nice to have it propose the current file by default

An easier way is <C-c ;> binder-reveal-in-sidebar which will either open the sidebar and show the current file or prompt to add it if it's not there.

The reason <C-c :> does not fill a default filename is to because once you have a project going you'll be adding non-existent files more often, so I figured it would be quicker to type <C-c : chapter-2> than have to clear a default file name.

All the binder-sidebar commands only work when in the sidebar. The binder-sidebar-add-all-files is pretty convenient and it's too bad it won't work from the file buffer on all the files in the working directory.

Not having a command binder-add-all-files is a bug. The binder-sidebar-* commands should all be sidebar-specific wrappers for global commands. I'll add that when I get the time.