emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Using Binder

From: Christian Tietze
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Using Binder
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 11:20:56 +0100

Thank you for bringing up this pacakge, Jean-Christophe! I've bookmarked
it in the past but never tried it on an actual writing project. I'll
give it a shot to update an old ebook :) Seems to work thus far.

Apart from the initial experience, have you used it for a while and found
anything else worth sharing?

Worth sharing: the binder.el repo contains a couple of face overrides to
get the colored sidebars:
https://git.sr.ht/~pwr/binder/tree/master/item/contrib/binder-theme.el

I bet one could (ab)use org-mode to treat the outline as the project
structure (just like Scrivener offers an outline) and store the notes
as content below the org headings.

Cheers,
Christian

--