emacs-humanities

[emacs-humanities] Zizek

From: Krishna Jani
Subject: [emacs-humanities] Zizek
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 13:42:15 +0530

Hello,
Does anyone here have a background on Slavoj Zizek. Just started my term
in Undergrad Philosophy and some guy introduced me to Zizek. After
seeing a few online lectures and clips I thought he was pretty cool! (I
also sat down to see the entire Zizek! documentary and subsequently
proceeded to see his other cinematic works) I have not *yet! tried to
delve into his work.

How would you recommend someone begins reading Zizek, for some with a
very shaky foundation in Philosophy. What are the pre-requisities and
what works would you recommend as a good starting point. I have
impulsively bought The Sublime Object of Ideology but was not able to
get past the Preface :-)

--

Regards,
Krishna Jani