[Emacs-orgmode] Org-mode 4.09 released

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Emacs-orgmode] Org-mode 4.09 released
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 08:49:36 +0100

Org-mode 4.09 has been uploaded to http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org.
It is also available in the Emacs CVS head.

This release includes the last changes to MH-E support from Thomas Baumann. You can now make links to a folder in MH-E, not only to individual message. This
behavior is now consistent with the other maillink systems in Org-mode.
MH-E support is still new, and to my knowledge so far only tested by
Thomas himself.  I don't use MH-E, so I would appreciate if someone
else can test it as well.

This release also fixes the bug reported by Piotr, that internal links link to themselves. They no longer do. Another change is that the target text
may be distributed over two lines and will still be found.

Hiding leading stars can now be selected on a per-file basis with a
STARTUP option.

#+STARTUP: hidestars

Finally, I have renamed the customization group `org-faces' to
`org-font-lock'.  This group now contains not only the faces used
by Org-mode, but also variables that affect font-lock.  Not that if you
change these variables, sometimes a restart of Emacs is necessary
to make the changes effective.

Finally, emphasized text like *bold*, /italic/ and _underlined_ is now
recognized by font-loch and fontified accordingly (unless you turn it
off with the variable `org-fontify-emphasized text'.

The ChangeLog entries are:

        * org.el (org-link-search): Avoid self-matching of links, allow
        target text to be distributed over several lines.
        (org-search-not-link): New function.
        (org-set-regexps-and-options, org-get-current-options): New
        startup options.
        (org-export-as-html): Take odd-level setting from local variable.
        (org-fontify-emphasized-text): New option.
        (org-set-font-lock-defaults): Include emphasized text.
        (org-follow-mhe-link): Allow folder-only links, fix folder name.
        (org-font-lock): Customize group renamed from `org-faces'.

        * org.texi (Clean view): Startup options documented.

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam