Re: [Emacs-orgmode] MS Outlook fails to import iCal export file

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] MS Outlook fails to import iCal export file
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:55:44 +0200

On Mar 27, 2006, at 23:15, Philip Rooke wrote:

I have just tried to import an iCalendar export from an Org-mode file
into Microsoft Outlook 2000 (SP3).  This was the first time I have
done this and it failed with a rather unhelpful "Import operation
failed [OK]" error message.

I tried editing the .ics export file and found that changing the
VERSION: string from 2.0 to 1.0 allowed the import to succeed.  This
is good enough as a work around for my very occasional needs.

Well, I am not surprised, I wrote the exporter without looking at any specifications, just what I could figure out from looking at the icalendar files produced by Apples iCal program. The I tweaked the output until iCal would read that file. If there is anyone knowing more about the icalendar format, it would be great to improve this.

Of course, I can simply say VERSION: 1.0.....

- Carsten