Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Re: new test version 4.19b

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Re: new test version 4.19b
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:00:54 +0200

On Apr 5, 2006, at 9:41, Christian Schlauer wrote:

Hello!

I get "execute-extended-command: Symbol's function definition is void:
defvaralias" in the *Messages* buffer when I:

- start Emacs 21.3

- C-x C-f foo.txt RET

- M-x org-mode RET

I have the same problem with existing .org-files.

OK, this has nothing to do with the org files. I renamed one customization variable and put in the alias to make sure the old name would still work. I did not know that defvaralias was not available in 21.3. Just go into org.el and remove the only line containing "defvaralias". I will fix this in the next version.

And before you ask, no, I have not found a way to make this ellipsis
show up in bold face or in a color.

I didn't even think of requesting that, really!

Hm.

But now as you are mentioning it, if you find a way ... ;-)

:-) Others have asked. But I think modifying the string can already help if you keep overlooking these dots.

- Carsten

--
Christian Schlauer