Re: [Emacs-orgmode] automatic linking is broken

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] automatic linking is broken
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:26:06 +0200

On Apr 5, 2006, at 13:26, Thomas Baumann wrote:

Hi Carsten,

there is something wrong with automatic links.

After linking eg. to a bbdb-record I get two lines in the org-buffer

bbdb:Thomas Baumann
bbdb:Thomas Baumann

(notice the missing brackets in text mode)

Same is true for files, mhe-links, ....

Yes, there is a stupid bug there (incorrect interpretation of the value of variable org-link-style). I will upload a fix a.s.a.p.

** <> links containing space characters no longer work
   These need to be converted to [ [ ] ] links.

This affects almost _all_ bbdb links and most of the file links. This is
kind of a situation where I would prefer an automatic conversion to the
new link format, not something I have to trigger (of course I'd like to
be asked "do you want to convert this file...").

Yes, I could do that, but it would require a regexp search each time any file is loaded into Emacs and put under org-mode. Plus the problem that there is no way of telling if a file has already been converted, or if the user said no to conversion....

Hmmmm.  Maybe I need to somehow keep those old links working....

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam