Re: [Emacs-orgmode] org-mode workflow

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] org-mode workflow
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:26:44 +0200

Hi all

Thanks Austin for starting this discussion. I've been wanting to start a
discussion on use cases for org-mode for quite some time.

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 03:00 -0400, Austin Frank wrote:

> 1)  Do you find it to be more convenient to have one file per topic
> (research.org, personal.org, etc), or one directory per topic with more
> specific files within it (research/project1.org, personal/finances.org)?

So far I've been using one file per topic.

> 2)  Within an org file, do you find it more effective to maintain one
> tree for tasks and other trees for notes, or do you mix notes and tasks
> within the same trees?

I mix notes and tasks.

> 3)  If you use remember with org, what role does it play in your work
> flow?  When do you find yourself reaching for a remember note instead of
> using an org link or editing an org file directly?

I have not used remember so far.

> 5)  What's the one trick you're most pleased to have discovered, or the
> one feature that changed your routine most once you began to use it?

I always start the day with opening my agenda-list to see what I have
planned to do today. I use the week view so I can see at a glance how
busy the rest of the week is.

--
Christian Egli, Senior Consultant
Novell (Schweiz) AG, Leutschenbachstrasse 41, 8050 Zürich