[Emacs-orgmode] Interaction of org-mode and Muse (was: Adapting org-mode

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [Emacs-orgmode] Interaction of org-mode and Muse (was: Adapting org-mode to my needs)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:16:57 -0400

> Let me start with some background.  One of the main differences
> between planner and org-mode is that planner was built from the
> start for publishing, org-mode not.  Planner was based originally on
> Emacs wiki, and now is based on Muse.  These are both authoring
> tools, mainly done for publishing to a variety of formats.  Planner
> is just riding on top of these.  So the publishing ability you
> describe is not really planner, its is Emacs wiki, or Muse.
>
> Because of this background, planner adopts the approach of many
> small interlinked files that can be published as a set of
> interrelated files.

On that note, in a couple of weeks (once finals and the next Muse
release are done), I'm going to take a look at org-mode and try to
figure out different ways that Muse and org-mode can interact, since
this is something that people on the Muse mailing list have requested
in the past.  Especially since Muse will probably be entering Emacs
once Emacs22 is released.

One of the plans for the next release of Muse + 1 (3.04) is to support
publishing documents that use other markup syntaxes, such as Markdown
and reSt.  Perhaps org-mode syntax could be supported as well.

If someone is familiar with both modes, feel free to suggest ways that
they could complement one another.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net