Re: [Emacs-orgmode] usage, ideas, suggestions, actually a braindumnp

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] usage, ideas, suggestions, actually a braindumnp
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:30:28 +0200

On Apr 27, 2006, at 11:53, address@hidden wrote:
* Some other things that have come up during usage:
** option for clean export view of timestamps

Do you have an example of what you mean?

** option to leave timestamps out in export function

I guess, leave them out together with keywords like DEADLINE, SCHEDULED and CLOSED, right?

** option to leave tags out in export function.

Useful, yes, or at least make them look better.

** org-export-to-LaTeX

Very unlikely that I will do this effort. Thought about it long ago and decided it was too much work for too little gain.

** make follow-mode the default as customization option;
for myself, I have just hacked the code to have follow-mode always on.

Really, you want this always on? OK, I will make it an option. How did you hack it? You can of course use org-agenda-mode-hook to turn it on.

(add-hook 'org-agenda-mode-hook
  (lambda () (setq org-agenda-follow-mode t)
             (org-agenda-set-mode-name)))

** strip links when unexportable as link
Export description, or, when lacking, only the content of the link.

Example where this goes wrong?

When data can  be retrieved back from an  exported format, this would
be included /as/ /option/, as one will e.g. want to communicate to and fro
with csv tables.

I did not understand this one, sorry.

** improvement of the outcome of C-h m would be welcome.
- all the self-inserting commands are not of great interest. Better
  skip them, or put at least put them at the end.

This is fixed in Emacs 22, I don't know how to change it in Emacs 21, apart from turning off the optimized table editor.

- things such as "Calls `(org-cycle t)'" do not give a reference;
  better say "Calls org-cycle with argument t".

I have fixed this case, let me know if you find other occasions.

Thanks for your comments.

- Carsten