Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Re: Cyclic timestamps for SCHEDULED and DEADLINE

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Re: Cyclic timestamps for SCHEDULED and DEADLINE
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:23:53 +0200

Hi

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 09:07 +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> > So automatic scheduling or deadlining for cyclic tasks which
> > would insist on being displayed as TODO until I mark them as DONE
> > could be helpful for me in such times.
>
> Yes I understand.  A very basic problem with cyclic scheduling is that
> if you don't mark the entry DONE, then you can get many of those tasks
> in your agenda.

But AFAIK this is only a problem because the scheduled tasks show up in
the "all currently open items" section. If scheduled items would no
longer show up there then this problem would not exist, wouldn't it?

> One simple way would be to create a separate file and just put those
> cyclic tasks for the next two years in there.

Couldn't this be done with the calendar integration of org? Ah, now that
I checked the documentation I see that I can only get dates
(anniversaries, etc) from calendar, but not TODO items. I guess a
mechanism for periodic TODO items would have to come from org-mode as
diary only knows about (periodic) events but has no concept of periodic
TODO items.

Christian