Re: [Emacs-orgmode] fancier and less fancy export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] fancier and less fancy export
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:57:41 +0200

On May 8, 2006, at 18:43, Scott Otterson wrote:

My biggest use of org-mode export is spitting out simple ASCII lists that I paste into emails. Even so, I have picky export enhancement requests:

1.) Add org-export-visible-as-ascii: org-export-copy-visible creates a new org file containing the visible text. The problem for me is that it's still an org-file, with all the leading *'s, linking text and so on. So, I'd like to clean it up by running org-export-as-ascii over the export-visible file but

In the next version, this is going to work as follows:

The command org-export-copy-visible no longer exists.

Instead there is a new command org-export-visible, bound to C-c C-x v.
When using this command, you are prompted for another key, to specify the true export command. Org-mode will then make a temporary buffer containing the visible part of the current buffer only, and export this buffer to ascii, html, xoxo.

- Carsten