Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Some suggestions - mostly for non (X)Emacs updating

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Some suggestions - mostly for non (X)Emacs updating of org mode files.
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:55:49 +0200

On May 16, 2006, at 12:24, Tim O'Callaghan wrote:

IIRC This works for Gnu Emacs and XEmacs.

I do expand-file-name on the file path before opening it.  Can you
give me an example on when this fils to work correctly?

I checked, and its its not the expand file name problem i thought it
was. Once i patched the w32-type problem i was having i saw it Its a
remember mode thing.

If i use remember mode on a line that has nothing on it, then remember
mode tags :: on the end of the file. When you try and open the file
the :: expands to !! on the end of the filename.

[[file:bashrc::][file:basrc::]] does not open bashrc, rather it tries
to open bashrc!!

This is fixed now. Using `C-c l' in an empty line in a file no longer adds "::context" to the file link.

- Carsten