Re: [Emacs-orgmode] patch to org.el to produce xhtml:

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] patch to org.el to produce xhtml:
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 14:37:17 +0200

On May 26, 2006, at 4:05, T. V. Raman wrote:

I am attaching a partial patch (see below for explanation of
partial)
along with sample files, I hope  others here can help finish
this.

Goal: Produce well-formed XHTML.

What I have Fixed:

0)   Ensure all tagnames are lower case.
1)   Emit correct doctype and xhtml namespace.
2)   Emit />  to close meta tags.
3)   Emit </li> to close bullets (not all cases covered)
4)   Ensured that all attribute values are quoted.

ToDo:

A)      Emit closing li tags in all cases.
B)      Emit closing </p> to close paragraphs.
C) Ensure that author and date bits on the bottom are wrapped in
a <p class="xxx">...</p>
where xxx is author or date as appropriate.

I think I can take care of these remaining issues. This is all that is needed to get to XHTM strict???? Easier than I thought, then.

 Thanks!

Carsten