Re: [Emacs-orgmode] GTD, Projects, and Next Actions in org-mode

From: Tim O Callaghan
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] GTD, Projects, and Next Actions in org-mode
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:14:46 +0100 (IST)

Thinking of next actions this morning while cycling to work, made me
wonder if it is possible to vet your org mode outlines.

By vet, I mean check for consistency. For example, in my case, asking
agenda to give me a list of projects that have actions associated with
them that are not next actions. I use the concept of :proj: tag to
denote a project (an idea which i thank whomever is stole it from), I
then use the TODO types to denote next action, and possibly other
context tags.

An example would be:

* Org Project                                                 :proj:
  This is an example of an ok project
*** 10 This is a next action - email about blah               :email:
*** TODO This is an untimed next action to consider purple.

* Stuck Project                                               :proj:
  This is an example of a stuck project. No next actions though some tasks.
*** Should i nuke the site from orbit? it *is* the only way to be sure.
*** check the batteries on the cargo lifter?
*** check out the APC

* unthought about Project                                    :proj:
  I don't even have next actions for this project :(

I would like to be able to highlight up the 'stuck project' and the
'unthought about project' automagically during my morning review.

What do you think?

Tim.Thinking of next actions this morning while cycling to work, made me