[Emacs-orgmode] progress display in check lists

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: [Emacs-orgmode] progress display in check lists
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:27:07 -0500

Hi,

   I've been using org mode for a few months and am far from
mastering it.  I am moving off of another app call hnb that did
outlining.  I prefer org mode to hnb but there things that I miss from
hnb.  One of them was that check list would display status.  For
instance, if I had the list...

   [_] Stooges
     [_] Larry
     [_] Curly
     [_] Moe

... and I check one entry, say Moe, the Stooges line would also get
updated like so...

 33% Stooges
     [_] Larry
     [_] Curly
     [X] Moe

And then I could collapse Stooges and still have a feel for what's
left.  Likewise, I could then add an entry 'Shemp' under stooges and
the percentage would change to 25% automatically.  For the case of
multiple nesting it would just blinding could all check boxes under
it.

 20% Stooges       <<< 1 out of 5 check box entries
   [_] Fine
     [_] Larry
   50% Howard
     [_] Curly
     [X] Moe

Also, at any point I could just go and check Stooges, regardless of
the state of the entries under it.

Is there a similar feature in org that I haven't found yet?  If not
would it be difficult to add something like it.  Maybe even something
explicit where I could type ...

  - [%] Stooges
    - [_] Larry
    - [_] Curly
    - [_] Moe

... and then org would add/update the percentage before the '%'.?