Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Org-mode 4.45

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Org-mode 4.45
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:25:10 +0200

On Aug 23, 2006, at 12:47, Carsten Dominik wrote:

Hi,

I have released org-mode 4.45.

[...]

Version 4.45
   - Checkbox lists can show statistics about checked items.
     Thanks to Eddward DeVilla for the idea.
     If you have a long checkbox list, or a hierarchy of them,
     you can now automatically display information about what
     fraction of these items have been checked.  For details,
     see section 5.5 of the manual for details.

It turns out that this feature does not work properly with Emacs 21. Everything is fine in Emacs 22, and also in XEmacs. In Emacs 21, if (part of) the checkboxes are hidden through outline, they will not be correctly taken into account for the calculation. Very likely, I am not going to fix this for Emacs 21 (because is is not so easy to do), so if you want to use this feature, this might be a good time to get your Emacs 22 CVS version. It is very stable already, and I can assure you that you will not regret upgrading.

- Carsten