[Emacs-orgmode] Re: Org mode as contact DB/Log ?

From: Adrian Aichner
Subject: [Emacs-orgmode] Re: Org mode as contact DB/Log ?
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:07:55 +0200

Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to feed my BBDB file with personnal and profesionnal
> contacts.
>
> I have difficulties doing so (phone format is not clear in my mind)

Hi Xavier, have you
(setq bbdb-north-american-phone-numbers-p nil)
yet, which should allow you to enter numbers not conforming to
american conventions?

I keep my Outlook contacts (for my PocketPC phone) and my BBDB (which
is the master, of course) in sync by ediffing CSV exports of both.

Both BBDB and Outlook are happy with an international phone number
format of
+CountryCode (AreaCode) RemainingNumbersSeparatedByHyphenOrSpace

And the mobile phone services know how to interpret the + between
varying countries of source and destination of the call.

Works for me.

I'm using planner/muse, which has planner-bbdb.el, but I'm not using
that particular feature yet.

Thanks for planting that seed in my brain!

Adrian

--
Adrian Aichner
 mailto:address@hidden