[Orgmode] org-publish.el version 1.77: now with preparation-function fea

From: David O'Toole
Subject: [Orgmode] org-publish.el version 1.77: now with preparation-function feature
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:27:47 -0400

I've added a small new feature to org-publish.el version 1.77,
available from http://dto.freeshell.org/e/org-publish.el

There is a new project keyword called :preparation-function. Its value
should be a function with no arguments, which will be called to
"prepare" a project for publishing. An example usage is to call GNU
Make to update files that need processing, before publishing the
resultant files.

I use this to publish tarballs on my website. Here is the project
definition I use to make that happen:

>        '("packages"
>         :base-directory "~/packages/"
>         :base-extension "gz"
>         :publishing-directory "/ssh:address@hidden:~/html/packages/"
>         :publishing-function org-publish-attachment
>         :preparation-function (lambda ()
>                                (call-process "make" nil nil nil
>                                              "--makefile"
>                                              "/home/dto/packages/Makefile")))

This causes the *.gz to be updated when neccessary (according to the
makefile) and then any updated *.gz are uploaded to the web server.

--
David O'Toole
address@hidden