Re: [Orgmode] Emphasis font-lock question.

From: Ed Hirgelt
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Emphasis font-lock question.
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:09:16 -0700

On 9/8/06, Alex Bochannek <address@hidden> wrote:

It's OK to me if */foo/* means italic and bold (this is how Gnus
rendered your example), but */foo/bar* shouldn't. Markers, stacked or otherwise, should come in symmetrical pairs.

Nice example because there is a symmetric pair there.  I have always thought that this was a very ambiguous notation.  I can see */foo/bar* meaning that foo is in bold italic and bar is just bold with the two words run together.

For this reason (pesky slashes in path names, + as bullet characters, underscores in names) I've abandoned this notation.  The @<> is more verbose, but unambiguous.

-=Ed=-
--
Ed Hirgelt

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen
and thinking what nobody has thought.