Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode usage and concept mapping.

From: chris
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode usage and concept mapping.
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:54:42 +0100

On 10/09/06, Alex Bochannek <address@hidden> wrote:
What is the predominant use case for Org-mode by people on this list?
It seems to me that there is a fair amount of GTD, task scheduling,
and project tracking usage. Some mention of note taking and very
little of traditional outlining, it seems.

Perhaps because Org-Mode just does the job of note taking so well, no further enhancements are needed?

Myself, I use it to document the work I do (so note taking primarily, some task scheduling and some project tracking).  I put a single Readme.org file in a directory, then include excerpts from emails about that piece of work, links to scripts which run the various analyses with overview documentation mostly in the org file, excerpts of results, TODO/DONE items to schedule stuff that can't be done right away.  Then I can create an html-export, and give my colleagues on the same project a link so they can always check up on where it's at, etc.  These Readme.org files can get quite huge, and the outlining/TAGS functionality means they remain navigatable.

I hadn't considered concept maps, but see these could be very useful in the development stage of projects - thanks for the tip!  I'm not clear, though, how these would work in org-mode (without export to graphviz or similar).

C.