Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode usage and concept mapping.

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode usage and concept mapping.
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:39:10 +0200

On Sep 12, 2006, at 16:27, Eddward DeVilla wrote:

   I have found some performance issues with use very large tables
(1000+ rows).

Yes, with 1000 lines in a table, the re-aligning become slow.
I would think I have optimized the tables as much as I can, in the
way that the automatic re-align is called as little as
possible, but maybe there is something that still can be done.

To help youself with performance issues in large tables, here
are a few tips you can try.

- Realign only by hand, when you want.  You can do this by setting
  the variable org-table-automatic-realign to nil.  After that
  you need to press C-c C-c in a table to align it, but for simple
  editing of data fields and moving from one field to another, there
  should then be no noticable delay.

- Split the table into several tables.  Just inserting an empty line
  every 100 lines should do the trick.

- Carsten