Re: [Orgmode] Re: agenda-todo format

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: agenda-todo format
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:13:57 +0100

On Sep 14, 2006, at 18:10, Peter BARABAS wrote:

Also, in the todo view tags are not fontified. Is it intentional?

How and why would you want them fontified?

In the org-mode buffer the tags have the same color as the text, e.g. in

* Foo                         :foo:

:foo: is blue and bold.

Though now I think I'd like to assign a face to my tags (e.g. green for
:personal:, blue for :work:). Is there anything that can help me in this?

Is it possible to give priorities faces? E.g. red for #A.

Check out the documentation of the function `font-lock-add-keywords' (Emacs only, not XEmacs, I think), this will allow you to get your own little extras in org-mode. This will not work in the agenda, because there I control the fontification by hand, font-lock is not in the game here.

I don't think it is a good idea to keep the headline-level related face in the agenda, because the agenda lists tag matches "democratically", without looking at outline level. That is why also the tags are just black, like the headline.

I could give you a hook that runs when the agenda buffer has been created......

- Carsten