[Orgmode] Void-variable ntent when starting org-mode

From: Pradyumna
Subject: [Orgmode] Void-variable ntent when starting org-mode
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:32:20 +0530

Hi,

I have started using the org mode in Emacs 22 and am facing error while
starting it.

I tried to start the org mode in emacs 22 by:
M-x org-mode:

This is from the *Messages* buffer:
call-interactively: Symbol's value as variable is void: ntent

I then created a file foo.org and tried opening it from emacs 22 and got
the following error:

This is from the *Messages* buffer:
File mode specification error: (void-variable ntent)

Do I need to define this variable anywhere?
Or am I missing any other configuration in .emacs?

This is my org mode setting in my emacs file
;;org mode
    (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
    (define-key global-map "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
    (define-key global-map "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
    (global-font-lock-mode 1)                     ; for all buffers
    (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)  ; org-mode buffers
    only

;; Tried to load the org mode at startup but this also does not work.
;;(require 'org)
;;(load "org")

;;org mode

Emacs version is:
emacs-version is a variable defined in `version.el'.
Its value is "22.0.50.1"

Org version is:
org-version's value is "4.49"

Thanks,
Prad

Mail Disclaimer: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Synechron,
and its Directors, Management or Employees. This communication represents the
originator's personal views and opinions. If you are not the intended recipient
or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient,
be advised that you have received this e-mail by error, and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. You shall be under obligation to keep the contents of this e-mail,
strictly confidential and shall not disclose, disseminate or divulge the same
to any Person, Company, Firm or Entity. Even though Synechron uses up-to-date
virus checking software to scan it's emails please ensure you have adequate
virus protection before you open or detach any documents from this
transmission. Synechron does not accept any liability for viruses or
vulnerabilities. The rights to monitor all e-mail communication through our
network are reserved with us.