[Orgmode] Agenda and tag inheritance.

From: Alex Bochannek
Subject: [Orgmode] Agenda and tag inheritance.
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 00:57:33 -0800

Any comments on this?

Alex.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Agenda and tag inheritance. Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 22:53:59 -0700 User-agent: Gnus/5.110006 (No Gnus v0.6) Emacs/22.0.50 (windows-nt)
I am wondering about how tag inheritance is supposed to work in
practical terms. I recall that there was some discussion about this in
the past, but I don't think there was resolution.

I use the default setting of org-use-tag-inheritance t and
org-tags-match-list-sublevels nil. That means that if I want to have
something at a sublevel show up in a tag sparse tree, I have to tag it
with the same tag as it's upper level. I am not sure if setting
org-tags-match-list-sublevels would be useful since the sublevels
wouldn't stand out enough.

How about sparse trees with tags on sublevels different from their
inherited tags? I think it would be useful if the levels leading to
the sublevel could also be shown.

Inheritence for todo items doesn't work very well for me. It would be
really nice if the todo agenda view could show the inherited levels
somehow since I end up tagging those items with the tags of their
upper levels as well.

Just some thoughts.

Alex.

--- End Message ---