Re: [Orgmode] org <-> Palm

From: Christopher Kuettner
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org <-> Palm
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:37:21 +0100

On the Palm there is one open source outliner called Progect. It's a good tool, I used it for quite a while successfully. It coorporates with the standard Plam apps (ie you can see progect todos as tasks in plam tasks) http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=9244

It works with some standard database file format. And it supports nearly all the same data-"atoms" as org does.

Just write a converter script between org and that database file format and you are done.

Another solution I was thinking about the last couple of weeks...

As I learned coding on the Amiga side of things, I searches for Rexx for the Palm. It is available. (http://www.jaxo.com/rexx/) Then we have that tool, I think it is called MacNoteTaker, which is a basic text-editor on the palm side of things, but syncs to a directory on the desktop. You can put your org-files into that directory, and write rexx-macros on the palm which emulate org-mode's basic functionality.

There are thousands of possibilities...
http://www.khngai.com/emacs/palm.php