Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode release 4.58

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode release 4.58
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 11:45:18 +0100

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for this new release.  I noticed some strange auto-fill related
bugs in 4.57, but it seems okay now.  Here is a little report:

- '*word* is not fontified because of leading single quote (')

- http:///this,url is not fontified because of the coma (,)

- org-agenda-list-stuck-projects contains a call to (match) which
  leads C-c a # to produce a "Wrong number of arguments" error.
  Removing the (match) is okay.

- Maybe a naive question because i don't know the .ics format, but are
  the warnings like "This is a deadline" mandatory ?  DL and S already
  indicate the status of the event, don't they?

- Again on .ics: my scheduled headlines often have links, those are
  not well displayed in any iCal i know.  What about striping links
  from their first part (i.e. [[A][B]] -> B)?

Some feature suggestion (for org v5 ??):

- What about C-u C-c C-e to force ignoring timestamps when
  (re)publishing  a project?

- Cycling through priorities does not allow to delete the priority.
  My guess is that [#A] -> [#B] -> [#C] -> nothing -> [#A] -> ...
  is more convenient.

- What about diary inclusion in timeline (C-c a L)?

- In org-mode each task is potentially a project, since each headline
  is potentially at the top of a new tree.  This default behavior is
  perfect but sometimes i need what i would call a frozen inline task.
  Something that is a task without being (un)foldable, something that
  is not at the top of a potential subtree.

  For example:

  * Project 1

  Text for project one.

  **: Frozen inline task for project one.

  Text for project one (won't be (un)folded by TABing the frozen task
  aboce)

  See my point?

  Don't know if anyone need it as well.  A natural syntax for this
  would be to add a column like in **: - C-c : would "freeze" a task.

Enough for today!  But i wouldn't be able to nagg you with such tiny
things if i were not using org-mode :)

Cheers,

--
Bastien