Re: [Orgmode] org-mode bug reports

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode bug reports
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:18:38 +0100

Hi Jason,

On Dec 9, 2006, at 0:51, Jason Dunsmore wrote:

1. Killing a line above lines containing links kills them also.  For
example, type

* title
[[http://url.com][link]]
[[http://url.com][link]]

...then go to the title line, pres C-k C-k, and the lines after it
will be killed also.  It should take six presses of C-k to kill 3
lines with their corresponding hard line breaks.

Interesting.  This is only a problem with Emacs 21, in Emacs 22
this will disappear.  Probably has to do with the slightly
buggy implementation of invisible and intangible text in Emacs 21.
Also under XEmacs, this bug does not exist.  Right now I don't know
how to fix it under Emacs 21, so for the time being you'll have to
put up with it :-(

2. If you put a link at the end of a bullet, it there is no "..." at
the end of the line when that section is folded.  For example:

* title [[http://url.com][link]]
text

Same as above.

3. Links are sometimes shown twice, when there's actually only one
link.  I haven't figured out exactly when this happens, but pressing
C-l (refresh display) fixes it.

I have never seen this - has anyone else?

4. Agenda mode doesn't work.  When I schedule tasks for the current
week and enter the agenda, it only shows the days of the week, there
are no entries.  I followed the steps from the tutorial.

Well, the most probable reason is that you have forgotten to announce
your org file as one of the agenda files that should be searched.
But David mentions this in his tutorial.

The command is `C-c ['.

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik