Re: [Orgmode] Log Notes with Non-sequential states

From: Dmitri Minaev
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Log Notes with Non-sequential states
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:55:23 +0400

I like lognotestate so much that I use it even when it is not the
right thing to do :). BTW, I didn't have a chance yet to thank Carsten
for implementing it. It's great, thanks!

I'd say that it is quite comfortable to use it for oscillating between
states. You can also try to use tags to mark the pending tasks, but
lognotestate gives a way to timestamp such changes and log the
reasons. The only annoyance is that since the sequence has to be
linear and if the sequence is TODO-WAITING-DONE, you cannot jump from
TODO to DONE. In this case, I would simply change the sequence to
WAITING-TODO-DONE. After all, all tasks are WAITING to be started
before they go to the TODO state :).