Re: [Orgmode] Re: Suggest a new feature for org-remember-templates

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Suggest a new feature for org-remember-templates
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:30:58 +0100

"Eddward DeVilla" <address@hidden> writes:

> Ya.  I suppose it would have been useful to do that.  :-) Sorry.
> Most of my org files have a *projects heading with a template like
> the following.

I think this template is very specific to the way you organize your
project.  Maybe you could write your own function like this :

(defun my-insert-org-template ()
   "Insert an interactive template."
   (interactive)
   (let ((comment (read-from-minibuffer "COMMENT: ")))
     (insert
   "*** " comment " Template

***** Quick Info
     |-----------------+---|
     | Problem Report  |   |
     | Release         |   |
     | estimate        |   |
     |-----------------+---|
     | Begin Code      |   |
     | Base Code Done  |   |
     | Extra Code Done |   |
     | Testing Done    |   |
     |-----------------+---|
     | Code Level      |   |
     | Build ENV       |   |
     |-----------------+---|

***** Status Log

***** [/] Investigate
     - [] Question 1

***** [/] Base Work
     - [ ] step 1

***** [/] Extra Credit Work
     - [*] step 1

***** Verification
     - [0/0] Base test set
       - [ ] Test 1")))

You can interactively prompt for other strings than "COMMENT" and
insert them into the template.  This is just to give you the idea.

Help this helps,

--
Bastien