Re: [Orgmode] date stamp

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] date stamp
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:10:32 +0100

This is operating system dependent. It depends on what kind of integer the OS uses to represent time. I believe if it is an unsigned integer, the minimum date is Jan 1, 1970. If it is a signed integer, it goes back to 1901 or so. Max date in both cases is somewhere 2038. This will all go away only with 64 bit
systems.

Why do you need such a date? Most likely a birthday? You can use the Emacs
diary to set such birthdays - the calendar/diary can handle this.

- Carsten