[Orgmode] radio transmit links across files

From: Mark Aufflick
Subject: [Orgmode] radio transmit links across files
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 22:52:19 +1100

Hi All,

I have to say I'm loving org-mode, I'm using it for taking notes and
writing papers for my (just started) Masters of law degree (a bit of a
change for a programmer!)

What I want to do is have a single file where I keep a list of terms,
acronyms, etc, and have that one file "radio" links out to any other
org mode file.

I know that I can make links across files to specific headings, but I
want the existance of a term in the file to automatically be linked in
other files - so the same functionality as radio links - but
transmitting across files.

Has anyone ever implemented such a beast?

At a guess I would need to extend org-update-radio-target-regexp to
run org-all-targets on the terms file. My lisp is fairly limited at
this stage, however, so any pointers would be appreciated!

Mark.

--
Mark Aufflick
e: address@hidden